At High View PLC, we help promote pupils’ good health and well-being. It helps to give pupils the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, independent lives and to become informed, active, healthy, responsible citizens. Pupils are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities and experiences across and beyond the curriculum, contributing fully to the life of their school and communities. Pupils learn to recognise their worth, learn how to work with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning. Pupils are encouraged to reflect on their own experiences and understand how they are developing personally and socially, tackling many of the spiritual, moral, political and social institutions that affect their lives. They are encouraged to consider their responsibilities, rights and duties as individuals and community members. They learn to understand and respect our common humanity, diversity and differences to allow them to go onto form effective, fulfilling relationships.
When teaching PSHE, the main aims are to enable pupils to:
* have a sense of purpose and develop self-confidence and self-esteem and encourage a belief in their ability to succeed.
* help pupils understand themselves, physically, emotionally and socially
* help pupils to understand and make positive relationships with others
* show respect for the diversity of, and the differences between people
* take responsibility for their own behaviour and learning
* be independent and responsible members of a community
* know and understand a healthy lifestyle
* be aware of safety issues and learn to keep themselves and others safe